Monday, August 15, 2011

Road trip tunes can the most memorable part of drives. I used to spend hours making playlists before a trip.  Literally.  Hence I have a great amount of mixes from the years of 16 - 20.  The best being my freshman year of college.  I think I must have been super burn happy or something. 

On my most recent drive, coming to California.  Moving actually. I didn't make any mixes.  I haven't had time to make a mix in years.  I suppose I could make one now instead of blogging, but what would I do with it? On my drive here I decided to listen to a bunch of those laborious mixes of my early college career.  I was highly entertained.

Highlight #1: First Relationship Song


Mest: Missing my baby tonight

Only relationship song actually.  I listened to this song on repeat regularly the first 6 months or so that he was on his mission.  Oh those were the days.  Pining away over some boy who was going to be gone for 2 entire years!!! How in the world does anyone stay the same in that time span? I haven't the slightest idea where I'll be in two year!?

Highlight #2: Classic Christmas mix


Yes I listened to the entire thing.  It was entertaining.  I made the mix years ago when I was dating someone who hated Christmas music all together.  I thought that was ridiculous, so I spent coutless hours putting together some of my favorite tunes to convince him otherwise. 

It did not work.


Highlight #3: Birthday Mix of atrocious songs

A few years ago for my birthday, someone made me a mix of their favorite artists.  I am always excited to listed to peoples music selections when I feel they should have good musical taste.  This was not a pleasant experience however.  I found about two songs mediocre and the rest downright annoying.  As I had ten hours to kill I thought I may as well give it a try a few years later to see if I had misjudged the mix. 

I hadn't. 


No comments: