Sunday, December 11, 2011

One of the highlights of Los Angeles are all the museums.  Saturday we took a lovely trek to the Ghetty.  I had forgotten that I'd been there once before with Amber. But regardless there are always new exhibitions and I enjoyed them.  The grounds are also beautiful.  It is up on the hill/mountain and offers an amazing view of the entire city.

One of the exhibitions focused on Pop Art.  A subject that I miss studying on a regular occasion.  One such artist that they highlighted was the talented Ed Rusche.  He was a very prominent artist in the 60's.  Two years out of college he painted the above and made a lasting impact on art history.
Scream
He focused a lot of his career on Text paintings and created a lot of wonderful fonts.  I was thrilled to learn that he lives and works in the very same town that I currently live in! Culver City. How neat is that? Someone that I studied in college could live just around the corner!
Angry Because It's Plaster, Not Milk
I'm pretty sure that he was/is quite the character just by the titles that he gives his paintings, that or he's incredibly factual... The above painting is titled "Angry because it's plaster, not milk".  The below is titled... "Fish with a fire on his bed." ha ha. I love it.
A Fish With A Fire On His Bed

No comments: