Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Venice Beach

My appreciation of the L.A. area has been a slow process due to my lack of resolve and dedication.  I'm working to change that obviously.  It does always help to have a local to show you around.  This particular venture began at Venice Beach.  I assumed it was just a beach.  Sand, water, people... you know. 
Little did I know that graffiti is permissible (by permit of course) and that there is loads of impressive art.  All of which falls into a favored category of art for me.  I have always wanted to learn how to get spray paint to look like something besides just splotches of color. I may have to look into getting one of those permits just so I can add my skills to the walls temporarily. 


We spent the afternoon biking up and down the bike path (which goes for an unexpected distance) and observing the hippy paradise that is the sidewalks of Venice Beach.  I'm going to have to take a trip back down with out a bike so that I can more easily maneuver through their little market.  I can't imagine what kind of gold mine I will discover there! 

William brought along his adorable niece Deliliah, and we created many exciting sand creations.... with out tools.  It may have taken me a bit to do anything with my hands.  Sandy hands are not one of my favorite things.  This is of course not applicable when I have actual plans to get in the sandy water.  I'm not that big of a pansy.