Friday, January 6, 2012

For New Years weekend William and I went up to Solvang.  A little town with a strong Danish history.  The entire town is built reminiscent of Danish architecture.  And most of the restaurants offer a true danish dining experience.  Our choice for dinner was meatballs, pickled cabbage & cucumbers (tasted like sweet pickles), and mashed potatoes.  And of course several trips to the pastry shop!

We also made sure to stop by and see "Lil Sebastian" from Parks & Rec. (Not really, but at least close!) The mini horse farm allows anyone to stroll around and look at them.  They weren't terribly friendly or fond of being pet, but we tried the crazy horse whistle and it worked! Well it got their attention temporarily.  

For the actual "New Years" extravaganza we got some local recommendations.  We weren't sure where most of them were located, so we settled on the Brewery and danced our way into 2012 with an all to excited DJ and a significantly older crowd! 

I decided to not overdo it on the goals, so I went with an agreeable number of three goals. I'm going with the following: 1. Read the Book of Mormon all the way through again.  (hopefully that won't take me the entire year to accomplish) 2. Participate in a triathlon 3. Be more respectful.  

Cheers to 2012!

2 comments:

ellenbush said...

"william" I love his name! who is he? I've seen him show up in several posts of yours lately. I love your idea of keeping it simple with the new years resolutions, I am doing the same. so much more manageable that way just to have a few things to focus on!

Robyn said...

cute! love that you took a pic of lil sebatian!!